What is it?
The FastJP API is an Application Programming Interface (API) that
offers superior journey planning and fares calculation for the rail
network in Great Britain.
Who is it available to?
Anyone who wishes to sell tickets will find the API indispensable.
Typically you will have already have a retail licence from the Rail
Delivery Group, or offer services to rail industry clients who are
licensed to sell tickets.
What features are available?
- Full journey planner with the ability to plan simple or highly
complex journeys, depending on the customer's needs
- Provides all available fares for journeys, including National
Routeing Guide validation, packages & supplements and itinerary-based
pricing using split ticketing
- Intelligent analysis of fares and routes, providing cheaper journey
opportunities than competing systems
- Offers a highly flexible range of journey options, from fastest /
most expensive to slowest / cheapest, including "alternative" routes
that no competing system offers
- Multiple railcard optimisation including Groupsave, full support for
interavailable fares in the London area including zonal add-on fares
- Fully integrated support for Retail Control Service (RCS) and IPTIS
Data Management System (IDMS) Reference Data
- Connects to the National Reservation System (NRS) to check
availability of quota-controlled fares
- Cloud-hosted system (we use Amazon Web Services), standard
What is the cost?
FastJP licences are negotiated on an individual basis and will depend
on the type of application, the expected volumes and, if you wish to
use our optional split ticketing technology, any fees charged to the
end customer for such bookings.
Can I use FastJP without writing my own website?
No. FastJP is designed to plug into your existing infrastructure and
you will need the capability to issue tickets, make seat reservations